Telecommunication giant, LG has officially unveiled its first 5G smartphone – the LG Velevt – to the South African market during a live virtual launch event.
A closer look shows the LG Velvet comes standard with a 6.8-inch P-OLED Cinematic FullVision display and Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G, making it the first mobile device from the company to integrate an application processor and 5G connectivity.
The phone is “Powered by the Snapdragon 765G, the LG Velvet is equipped to deliver exceptional performance to meet even the most demanding 5G use cases, while also enabling intelligent multi-camera capture, high-speed gaming and all-day battery life,” says Alex Katouzian, SVP of the Mobile Business Unit at Qualcomm.
“We’re excited to continue working with LG to help deliver 5G to more consumers with this truly global device.”
“We think today’s smartphone customers want and deserve more than cookie-cutter designs and tried-and-true features,” says Johan Chung, executive VP of overseas sales and marketing at LG.
“In the LG Velvet, we’ve created a differentiated smartphone with a design that can’t be confused with anything else and features with unique propositions that provide considerable value. We’re confident in the message the LG Velvet communicates and believe that there are customers out there who agree it’s time for a change in the way smartphones are developed and marketed.”
- Chipset:1 Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 765G 5G Mobile Platform
- Display: 6.8-inch 20.5:9 FHD+ P-OLED Cinematic FullVision (2,460 x 1,080 / 395ppi)
- Memory: 6GB RAM / 128GB ROM / microSD (up to 2TB)
- Rear camera: Rear: 48MP 2 Standard (F1.8 / 0.8μm / 79˚) / 8MP Wide (F2.2 / 1.12μm / 120˚) / 5MP Depth (F2.4 / 1. 12μm / 81˚)
- Front camera : 16MP Standard (F1.9 / 1.0μm / 73˚)
- Battery: 4,300mAh
- Operating System: Android 10
- Network: 5G / LTE / 3G / 2G